Add Bing Maps to your Epic 2018 EHR Solution – #bingmaps #Epic #Microsoft #Bing #RoadmapforSuccess
Are you looking to add a Geospatial Location Provider or Mapping Service to your Epic 2018 EHR/EMR Technology Solution? Then look no further! Bing Maps provides a seamless integration with Epic, making it a whole lot easier to geocode and validate your Patient and Location addresses, as well as utilize the additional features that Epic provides such as MyCharts, On My Way, and HelloPatient.
How do I get started?
I would recommend first that you register for a free Basic Bing Maps Account at the Bing Maps Dev Center (https://www.bingmapsportal.com). Use that in your PoC environment first. Once you have registered for your account, which will give you full API Access and 125,000 transactions for you to begin testing and seeing just how Bing Maps will work with your Epic implementation, I would then reach out to the Bing Maps Team to find out what is needed to get an Enterprise license for Bing Maps.
But wait, make sure you login to your Bing Maps Dashboard and create a key. And don’t forget to visit the My Info section of your Bing Maps Dashboard (hint: it can be found in the upper left hand buttons of your dashboard, same are you will click to create your keys, “My Keys”). In the My Info area make a note of your Bing Maps Account ID number as you will want to reference it if you have an account when you contact the Bing Maps Team.
What next? (Even if you created a dev account or not)
Reach out! I know, I know… the first question is almost always “how much will it cost” and I can tell you upfront it’s not that easy to answer without some additional information from you. Here are a few things that are definitely helpful in getting some numbers worked up for you:
- Do you have a number for active patients in your Epic database? Do you plan to geocode and validate all the locations and addresses?
- What additional features are you looking to implement? MyCharts, Slicer Dicer, On My Way?
- Do you have any numbers for what you expect to see user-wise of these features? Its okay if you don’t we have the math and experience to help guide you to the proper licensing tier regardless.
- Do you have a current Microsoft Enterprise Agreement in place for other products, such as Dynamics 365 or Office 365? If so, please have the agreement number handy if you can so we can expedite the quoting process for you. If you don’t have an agreement in place, we can gladly get you set up.
- If you have already created a Basic Bing Maps Account, having that account ID number handy (or a cut&paste of a key you have created) for us to assist you in the process as well as provision your account once Enterprise licensing has been secured.
Our Bing Maps Inside Sales Team is well versed in the licensing of Bing Maps for Epic, so with this information at hand we can fairly quickly get you a quote and on your way with Bing Maps for Enterprise. But don’t worry if you don’t have all the above details. We can work together to come up with the most optimal licensing for your needs.
If you would like us to set up a time to chat regarding how to license Bing Maps for your Epic implementation, please visit the Request Quote page or shoot an email to email@example.com and we will be in touch!